Euroguidance Cyprus began its operation in July 2002 under the auspices of the Department of Labour. Since its foundation, the Centre actively participates in the Euroguidance Network activities, the European Network of all the NRCG centres that exists in all EEA and the Candidate countries.
The main mission of Euroguidance Cyprus is the provision of qualitative information to guidance practitioners and professionals in this field (Guidance Counsellors in the Public Employment Services and in Secondary Education) as well as individuals such as secondary school students, parents and tertiary education students regarding education and training opportunities in Cyprus and the rest of Europe.
Euroguidance - Cyprus collects, processes and diffuses information about:
- Learning opportunities
- Opportunities for mobility, including on-the-job placements
- The national education and training systems
- Qualifications and certification
- pathways to occupations and careers, and guidance issues,
- Euroguidance - Cyprus collects, processes and diffuses information about:
- Answer specific questions on training opportunities from citizens, companies and institutions,
- Promote transnational study visits, exchanges and in-service training of guidance counselors
- Organise seminars and conferences, focusing on mobility for training in Europe